TERMS AND CONDITIONS
View other recent contract versions here
WHAT IS COVERED
LEX Services Inc.'s ("LEX") Extended Warranty extends the coverage provided by the manufacturer or official Philippine distributor of the appliance for parts and labor ("Manufacturer's Warranty") for an appliance or gadget (the "Product") for a period as indicated in the Extended Warranty Contract ("Extended Warranty Period").
The Extended Warranty Period shall commence immediately upon the expiry of the Manufacturer's Warranty. The date of purchase of the Product ("Item Purchase Date") and the length of the Manufacturer's Warranty shall be stated on the Extended Warranty Contract, for purposes of determining the commencement date of the Extended Warranty Period.
In the event of a breakdown of the Product during the Extended Warranty Period, the Dealer, through LEX, as its warranty extension program administrator, shall arrange for an authorized service center to repair or replace the part/s which may be found defective and is part of the coverage of the Manufacturer's Warranty.
- "Product" shall be defined as the appliance, mobile phone, tablet, or gadget purchased, excluding its accessories and batteries.
- "Breakdown" shall be defined as failure of the covered part or component to work as it was designed to work under normal usage. Only if the Manufacturer's Warranty covers on-site service charges shall LEX cover on-site service.
This Contract's total coverage, including reimbursement for all covered check-up/transport/other fees incurred in connection with the Product's repair/replacement/diagnosis, shall not exceed the amount the customer paid for the Product indicated in the Sales Invoice issued by the Dealer, or the highest appliance price for the appliance product line/category covered by LEX at the time of the purchase of the Product, identified in the Extended Warranty Contract as the LEX Coverage Amount, whichever is lower.
Only Products (i) manufactured for use or distributed in, and legally imported into, the Philippines; (ii) purchased new from any recognized and authorized dealer listed on LEX's website or Online Sales Portal and indicated on the application form, which at the time of purchase included the Manufacturer's Warranty valid in the Philippines; and (iii) are included in the Dealer's official LEX Warranty Extension Price List, shall be eligible.
All eligible Products shall exclusively be for personal and household use only.
"Personal and household use only" shall mean any use within the residential premises of the customer and/or for the use of his/her family members and/or servant(s), and shall exclude: (i) use for any purpose other than for which the Product was intended; (ii) use by any person or common use by multiple users, other than the owner's family members, and/or servants; (iii) use outside the premises of the customer's residence or any form of outdoor use, unless the Product is specifically designed for such; (iv) use for business purposes, such as but not limited to office, warehouse, clinic, government use; (v) any form of use for income and/or rental/lease; and (vi) use that is similar or analogous to the foregoing.
For Contracts issued by a Dealer for appliances, mobile phones, tablets, or gadgets not included in the Dealer's LEX Warranty Extension Price List at the time of purchase, LEX shall reserve the sole right to determine whether to cover the claim or to cancel the Contract, with a full refund of the paid warranty extension price to be provided to the customer.
The original sales invoice issued by the Dealer indicating the inclusion of Extended Warranty in the purchase of the Product, the two (2)-page Extended Warranty Contract, and, if applicable, the airway bill or delivery receipt indicating the Product's International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) or Serial Number should be submitted by the Customer to LEX for the repair or replacement of the Product.
CHECKUP & REPAIR
- In case of breakdown of the Product, notify LEX by contacting 0919-170-0131, [email protected], or facebook.com/lexservicesph (direct message), within: (i) fifteen (15) calendar days from the date when the breakdown occurred for regular warranty extension claims, or (ii) forty-eight (48) hours from the time the breakdown occurred for Accidental Damage, including Liquid Damage, ("ADLD") claims.
- Upon verifying the customer's contract information, LEX shall promptly coordinate with the nearest authorized service center.
- The customer should bring the Product to the authorized service center or Dealer, or present the Product to LEX's authorized courier/service center/Dealer during the scheduled pick-up or on-site visit arranged by LEX, for check-up and/or repair within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date LEX was first notified of the Product breakdown, unless a longer period is approved by LEX in writing. Failure of the Customer to comply with the requirements to notify LEX and present the Product, as mentioned above, shall make the Product ineligible for repair/replacement.
- If check-up, repair or replacement is made by unauthorized personnel or establishments, the Product shall be considered "Tampered". For Tampered Products, the cost of repair/replacement shall not be reimbursed to the Customer. Also, in the case of Tampered Products, the Contract shall be considered terminated automatically.
- Prior to commencing any repair and/or replacement due to Product breakdown, the authorized service center must first obtain approval from LEX. No reimbursement or payment shall be given for non-compliance with this condition. Only those parts and labor charges indicated in the quotation or estimate approved by LEX shall be paid.
- LEX has the sole right to determine whether a breakdown will be remedied by repair or replacement. At its sole option, LEX will either: (i) cause the repair of the Product using new or previously used parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (ii) cause the one (1)-time replacement of the Product with one that at least functionally equivalent to the defective Product and is formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability. In case of replacement, the cost of the replacement Product shall not exceed the original purchase amount of the Product, or the LEX Coverage Amount, whichever is lower.
- If the Product has been repaired during the Extended Warranty Period and a replacement shall be implemented, the reimbursement shall not exceed the LEX Coverage Amount less the amount paid for the repairs already done during the Extended Warranty Period. In the event of replacement, the Product shall be surrendered to LEX before replacement or release of cash settlement.
- The cost of bringing the defective Product to LEX or any office it shall designate shall be for the customer's account.
- If the spare part is not available from stocks held in the Philippines, LEX may pay the amount of such part; provided that the amount paid shall be limited to:
- The price quoted in the latest catalogue or price list issued by the manufacturer or its agents in the Philippines, or, if no such catalogue or price list exists, the price last obtained from the manufacturer plus the reasonable cost of transport other than by air to the Philippines, and the amount of the relative import duty; and
- The reasonable cost of fitting such part by LEX's authorized service center, which cost may be paid by LEX directly to the said service center.
- The amount LEX shall pay for the spare part, as described above, shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product or the LEX Coverage Amount, whichever is lower.
- If the customer, prior to the expiry of the Extended Warranty Period, can purchase the spare part after a settlement is made above, he/she shall personally arrange for LEX's authorized service center to install the said part or coordinate with LEX to have the latter arrange such installation by an authorized service center. For this purpose, the customer shall immediately, but not later than fifteen (15) calendar days from the customer's actual receipt of the settlement amount, present the Product and the part to the authorized service center for installation. In cases where the customer makes a personal arrangement with the authorized service center, the customer shall be responsible for settling payment of such installation costs. When coordination with the service center is conducted by LEX, LEX shall settle the cost of installation directly to the service center.
- Only one (1)-time replacement shall apply for optical lens, DVD loader, MPEG board, electronic control board, lens filter, fuses, lamps or bulbs in projection TVs, compressor, motor, evaporator, condenser and tub/base assembly.
- LEX shall not be liable to the customer if the service center fails to complete the repair of the Product within its committed timeframe, and for the quality of work/repairs by the authorized service center.
The following are not covered by this Extended Warranty:
- Breakdown of general or specific parts during the Original Warranty Period.
- Breakdown of parts covered by special parts or extended warranty programs administered by the manufacturer/official Philippine distributor or another provider, which would take effect within the LEX Extended Warranty Period.
- Non-eligible product or model or brand.
- All parts, defects and other damage not covered in the Manufacturer's Warranty, and those that the manufacturer or the official Philippine distributor declined to replace or repair.
- Any defects subject to manufacturer's recall or covered under the manufacturer's program of reimbursement.
- All accessories and consumables, whether included in the Product sales package or purchased separately, including but not limited to headsets, earphones, batteries, SIM cards, chargers, antennas, data storage devices, external wirings and cablings, racks, bins, jacks, remote control, filters, bulbs, including refrigerator and oven bulbs.
- Appearance, cosmetic, aesthetical, or structural items, such as but not limited to housing, case or frame, door, base assembly, decorative parts, external hose/s, knobs and handles.
- Product with removed/tampered/defaced/altered/illegible serial numbers, IMEI number, warranty seal, or water indicator.
- Breakdown due to:
- Deterioration of the Product or defects caused by normal wear and tear, or otherwise due to the Product's normal aging;
- Abuse, rough handling, misuse, or use not in accordance with the Product's user manual, including but not limited to non-adherence to the manufacturer's maintenance requirements, improper connection to other equipment, other unauthorized modifications/connections, or improper use/maintenance of the source of energy/power or overall electric installation;
- Exposure to moisture/dampness, extreme thermal/environmental conditions, or a rapid change in such conditions;
- Exposure to spilled liquid, food or chemicals, or water damage, except Products covered by ADLD, as described below;
- Acts of nature, including but not limited to flood, rainwater, lightning, any fire, and earthquake;
- Accident or any other fortuitous event, acts of God, fire and lightning, collision with any object, contact with foreign substance, such as but not limited to liquids, powders, gels and chemicals;
- Accidental damage, except Products covered by ADLD, as described below;
- Short-circuited battery, or that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering, or that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified;
- Malfunction caused by external causes, including but not limited to radio interference, power voltage fluctuations, defective cellular network function/infrastructure, customer's network subscription or other such service issues;
- Corrosion, oxidation, or exposure to sand, dirt, rust, and insects, rodents or other animals.
- Theft/damage that is malicious/intentional or on the occasion of theft, robbery, malicious mischief, riot, duel, any other crime, or acts attributable to third persons (whether or not criminal in nature, or intentional, accidental or due to negligence).
- Battery leakages, stains and cracks.
- Pre-existing conditions or sold "as is, where is".
- Cosmetic damage or physical damage to the surface of the Product, including but not limited to cracks, dents, or scratches, such as on the LCD screen or camera lens, except situations covered under ADLD coverage.
- Software, tape or film damaged by the malfunctioning part.
- Damage to or due to software or software upgrades, or arising from attacks by unauthorized software or viruses.
- Upgrade of components (incompatibility of parts or incorrect installation).
- Damages in excess of the purchase price of the Product (including general, consequential, indirect, special, incidental or punitive damage, loss of profits, or any damage due to delay in rendering service under the Extended Warranty).
- Costs incurred due to item breakdown.
- Office use, multi-user, or commercial use or any other use which directly generates income due to its usage.
- Cleaning or preventive maintenance.
- Product that has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than LEX's authorized service center, repaired using unauthorized spare parts, or installed by installers or service providers not authorized by the Dealer, manufacturer or distributor.
- Reconditioned or secondhand units.
- Loss or damage to the Product while undergoing repair at or while in transit to/from the authorized service center.
- Transport, check-up and other related fees incurred for: (i) repair of Products that should be brought to the authorized service center, but instead on-site repair is done upon customer's request, (ii) repair of Products situated outside the minimum distance stated in the Manufacturer's Warranty, or (iii) repairs not covered under the Extended Warranty.
- Loss of or damage to a person or property directly or indirectly, in consequence of or incidental to, arising from, in connection with or on the occasion of the use of the Product.
- Any liability arising out of the use of the Product to the extent that it may be disclaimed by the law.
ADLD COVER FOR MOBILE PHONES AND TABLETS ("MOBILE DEVICES") WITH GADGET GUARD
- Specifically for Mobile Devices with Gadget Guard, breakdown due to accidental damage which occurred within one (1) year from the Item Purchase Date shall be covered by this Contract.
- Accidental Damage is defined as damage that occurs suddenly as a result of an unexpected and non-deliberate external action, including but not limited to unintentional spillage, splashing or soaking with liquid, which resulted to a loss of Product function. For the purpose of the one (1)-year coverage for Mobile Devices with Gadget Guard, liquid damage or other damage caused by intentional acts, gross negligence (whether by the owner or any third party), or acts of nature are not considered as covered accidental damage.
- For claims under Gadget Guard ADLD cover, the customer should notify LEX within forty-eight (48) hours from the time of Product breakdown.
Cancellation of the Extended Warranty Contract, except in the case of Gadget Guard Contracts, shall be allowed, with a refund of the purchase price of the Extended Warranty, subject to imposition of a service charge, within seven (7) calendar days from the purchase date of the Contract.
The Extended Warranty may be transferred to a new owner of the covered Product as long as notice of such transfer is given to, and coordinated with LEX at 0919-170-0131 or [email protected], within fifteen (15) calendar days from the transfer. The transfer of ownership shall not toll or delay the running of the Extended Warranty Period, which LEX executed with the previous owner.
- LEX shall not be liable if any of the documents or information submitted by the customer in applying for or claiming under the Extended Warranty Contract is fraudulent, false or misleading in any material respect.
- Customers should refer to their Extended Warranty Contract for the full terms and conditions applicable to their Extended Warranty coverage.
|Extended Warranty Contract
|October 2018 - July 2019
|Extended Warranty Contract
|Extended Warranty Contract
|Extended Warranty Contract
|Extended Warranty Contract
|Extended Warranty Contract