LEX PRIVACY NOTICE
LEX SERVICES INC., ("LEX") recognizes its responsibilities under Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, as may be amended from time to time (collectively “Data Privacy Laws”) and is committed to safeguarding your personal or sensitive personal information obtained from you in the course of your transactions with LEX, its subsidiaries, affiliates or third parties.
Scope and Acceptance
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information and/or sensitive personal information collected, used, disclosed or otherwise processed by LEX for purposes of providing you with our products and services. By accessing our website, you accept the policies and practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Collection and Processing of Personal Information
When you apply for or avail of any product or services that LEX offers or when you interact with our employees, authorized representatives, distributors, agents or service providers, LEX manually or automatically collects personal information or sensitive personal information. This information may include, among others, your name, address, birthdate, age, education, contact details, government identification card details, profession, job, occupation, business or trade, financial information, spouse details, preferences, behavior, information about your transactions with third parties, such as utility companies, and other information classified as personal information or sensitive personal information under the Data Privacy Laws.
LEX collects, uses or processes personal information or sensitive personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify identity;
- To facilitate, process, approve and administer applications and transactions;
- To perform our services or obligations under any contract with you;
- To create and maintain your account with us;
- To provide responses to queries, requests, or complaints;
- To inform you about our new products, services, offers, and promotions;
- To conduct research and analysis for marketing purposes and profiling;
- To conduct auditing, marketing, cross-selling or advertising activities;
- To perform other processing that may be required under relevant laws and regulations; and
- To comply with reporting obligations to governmental authorities under applicable laws.
Sharing of Personal Information
- LEX’s subsidiaries and affiliates;
- LEX’s agents, contractors, third-party service providers, and business partners; who process information, transactions, services, or accounts, on behalf of LEX (including but not limited to courier agencies, telecommunication or information technology companies, payment, payroll, collection, training, and storage agencies, entities providing customer support, and other similar entities);
- LEX’s contracted third party personal information processors;
- Any person that acquire or will acquire the rights and/or obligations of LEX.
- Any person that acquire or will acquire the rights and/or obligations of LEX;
- Any person or entity to whom LEX is under an obligation to disclose pursuant to legal processes or requirements of applicable laws.
LEX shall retain your personal information and sensitive personal information for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect until three (3) years from the conclusion of latest transaction or until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep the said information under applicable laws, whichever comes later.
LEX implements organizational security and employs physical and technical measures to ensure that your personal information and sensitive personal information remains secured and confidential. LEX implements physical, electronic and procedural safeguards for proper handling of information. LEX will ensure that collectors, users, processors, and recipients of your personal information or sensitive personal information adhere to strict confidentiality and security policies aligned with LEX’s standards and compliant with Data Privacy Laws.
Data Subject’s Rights under the Data Privacy Laws
Subject to the requirements, conditions and exemptions under the Data Privacy Laws, you have the right to:
- Reasonable access your personal information or sensitive personal information;
- Object to the processing of your personal information or sensitive personal information;
- Suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of personal data;
- Damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information of sensitive personal information; and
- File a complaint with the National Privacy Commission.
Access and Correction
Should you wish to have access to your personal information or sensitive personal information or should you need to update, or correct the same, or withdraw your consent to the use of your information as set out in this Notice, you may communicate with LEX’s Data Protection Officer through the contact details provided below:
Phone: +63 2 254 7616
Email: [email protected]
6/F G Business Hub,
728 Shaw Boulevard,
This Notice may be modified or amended from time to time to ensure consistency with any changes in applicable laws and regulations. Updated version of this Notice will be posted at LEX’s website.